Things to do on the 10 days of Dhu’l-Hijjah :-
1️⃣ Perform Ḥajj (Pilgrimage) Dhu’l-Hijjah. 🕋
• Obviously, Ḥajj is one of the best deeds that one can do during these 10 days of Dhu’l-Hijjah. However for those of us who were not invited to His ﷻ House this year, there are still many more ways to earn the pleasure of Allāh.
2️⃣ Fast all 9 days & especially on the ‘Day of ‘Arafah. 🍽
• “Fasting the Day of ‘Arafah (9th Dhu’l-Hijjah) is an expiation for (all the sins of) the previous year & expiation for (all the sins of) the coming year.” [Muslim, 1162]
3️⃣ Perform Dhikr and Takbeer. 🗣
• “There are no days on which good deeds are greater or more beloved to Allāh than on these 10 days, so recite much Tahleel (Laa ilāha ill-Allāh), Takbeer (Allāhu ’Akbar) & Tahmeed (Alḥamdulillāh).” [Ahmad, 7/224]
4️⃣ Stand the Night in Prayer. 🙌🏼
• Seeking Allāh’s forgiveness & humbling ourselves in front of Him in supplication & prayers during the latter part of the night is an act of worship that is very beloved to Allāh.
5️⃣ Make Sincere Repentance. 👊🏼
• “But as for one who had repented, believed, & done righteousness, it is promised by Allāh that he will be among the successful.” [Al-Qaşaş, 28:67]
6️⃣ Return to Book of Allāh ﷻ (The Qurʾān). ♥️
• It is time to dust off your copy of the Qurʾān. Establish a beautiful new relationship with the book of Allāh ﷻ starting in these 10 days of Dhu’l-Hijjah.
7️⃣ Increase in doing ALL good deeds Dhu’l-Hijjah. 👍🏼
• “So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it, & whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it.“ [Az-Zalzalah, 99:7-8]
8️⃣ Slaughter an animal and distribute the meat (Sacrifice) Dhu’l-Hijjah. 🐑
• The Prophet ﷺ stayed in Madinah for 10 years, offering sacrifice (every year on ʻEīd).” [Ahmad, 4935]
9️⃣ Attend ʻEīd prayers. 🕌
• Attending Eid prayers is from the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet ﷺ. We should be keen on practicing this Sunnah & performing it according to the teachings of our Prophet ﷺ.
🔟 Thank Allāh. ✨
• One of the biggest forms of worshiping Allāh is to thank Him, deeply, sincerely and continuously.