WHAT IS IMAAN?
“…The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “It (Imaan) is that you believe in Allah and His angels and His Books and His Messengers and in the Last Day, and in Qadar (fate), both in its good and in its evil aspects….”
[al-Bukhari & Muslim]
Signs Of Weak Imaan !
1. Committing sins and not feeling any guilt.
2. Having a hard heart and no desire to read the Quran.
3. Feeling too lazy to do good deeds, e.g. being late for salat
4. Neglecting the Sunnah.
5. Having mood swings, for instance being upset about petty things and bothered and irritated most of the time.
6. Not feeling anything when hearing verses from the Quran, for example when Allah warns us of punishments and His promise of glad tidings.
7. Finding difficulty in remembering Allah and making dhikr.
8. Not feeling bad when things are done against the Shariah.
9. Desiring status and wealth.
10. Being mean and miserly, i.e. not wanting to part with wealth.
11. Ordering others to do good deeds when not practising them ourselves.
12. Feeling pleased when things are not progressing for others.
13. Being concerned with whether something is haram or halal only; and not avoiding makroo (not recommended) things.
“One who prays five times a day is in the proptection of Allah, and the one who is protected by Allah cannot be harmed by anyone.” – Hazrat Abu Bakr (radhi allahu anhu)
May Allah make our Imaan strong and forgive our past and future sins and guide us to straight path.